Saturday, October 30, 2004

Back to Big Sky Country... it's cold!

My first day back in Montana from my business trip to Seattle and San Francisco (where it was so warm... in the 80s), I dragged myself out to my car to head on over to work. Ans I realized a) it was absolutely freezing and b) my car was completly frozen. My drive to work was delayed until I was able to scrape the ice off my car. Fortunately, my winter clothes shipment from North Face was waiting for me at work. I now have a down jacket!

I have spoken to my local Honda representative about getting myself snow tires and a block heater (so I can plug my car in). I was told that instead of snow tires, I should invest in a couple 50 pound sandbags to put in the back of my car. Because maybe I'll strain my back so much trying to lift 50 pound sandbags into the back of my car that I won't be able to drive in the snow, thereby making the purchase of snow tires rather silly. As for the block heater, I was told to wait it out and see if my car has trouble starting once the temperature drops some more. I'm crossing my fingers that Ryder (my car) keeps on keeping on this winter sans block heater, because I don't have a place to plug my car in anyway.

My carsicle (or trucksickle).


The morning sky at my apartment building.


Waiting for my car to warm up.



1 Comments:

Blogger Kuntry Konfession said...

that's incredible cloud-sky!

August 3, 2006 at 9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home